Aug 29, 2015

Recent Buy

What a nice dip on the stock markets this week. I like that S&P 500 sitting at 19xx a whole lot more than 21xx. Unfortunately I didn't have much capital to take advantage of this correction. So here it is, short and sweet: added to my position in Deere & Co (DE).



Buy in USD - Deere & Company (DE)
Trade Price: 79.90
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 80.25
Sector: Industrial - Farm & Construction Machinery
Yield: 2,9%
Payout Ratio: 37%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 11
DGR 3-yr: 9,9%
P/E trailing 12-month: 12.6

Slowly but steadily building my position in Deere. My cost basis is well above $80, so it was a good feeling to average down. Really like the idea of investing in farming equipment, and right now I don't have better idea than this iconic brand. I realized that the company is likely to declare dividend soon and there might be a raise. Well, they really did declare dividend, but it was in line with previous. Considering this I'm quite happy with my 11 shares now, and probably won't add before next ex-dividend date.

I will have more capital available next week, and right now I'm most afraid that the market is back making new ATH's before we know it. Oh well, I will find something to buy even then, but it will be much harder.

My portfolio page has been updated to reflect this trade.

Disclosure: Long DE

What do you think about Deere? A bumpy ride on the stock market this week; did you make any trades?

4 comments:

  1. Nice purchase, DL. DE is a great company and seems to be attractively valued. Thats a good yield too. Congrats on adding to your portfolio.

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R2R and thanks.
      Yes, I think that DE is not a bad purchase at these prices. Would have bought more, but like usually at the end of month, had a little bit shortage of capital.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Good buy DL. It doesn't matter if it's 1 share or 1 million shares. Every little addition will get us closer to FI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBDI, you are right. Even this tiny purchase adds to my passive income. $0.60 on quarterly and $2.40 on yearly basis.
      Thanks for the visit and comment!

      Delete