Sep 5, 2015

Dividend Income - August 2015


Ok, I must admit that the image here exaggerates, but it was a very good month nevertheless. Second month of a quarter, August has been a middle month for me. Bigger than July but smaller than September. Last year I ended up with $71.82. This year one of my Nordic investments, Metso, arranged a big surprise. Usually Nordic companies pay annual dividends during spring, but now Metso paid extra dividend in August.


AT & T (T) - 13.16
Deere & Co (DE) - 6.00
General Mills (GIS) - 7.04
HCP Inc (HCP) - 14.69
Kinder Morgan (KMI) - 17.15
Main Street Capital (MAIN) - 4.90
Metso (MEO1V) - 40.00
Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) - 10.45
ONEOK Inc (OKE) - 9.68
Procter & Gamble Co (PG) - 7.95
Realty Income (O) - 6.08
Royal Bank of Canada (RY.TO) - 6.16
Textainer Group Holdings (TGH) - 10.34
TOTAL $153.60

This means 113,9% increase from August 2014! This is really insane increase on my scale. Well, but if I exclude Metso's extra dividend, then my total makes $113.60 with 58,2% increase from August 2014. Those are still very good numbers. Other than Metso, biggest payments came from familiar names KMI, HCP and T. Received my first dividend from OHI, and with that fat yield it was right after my biggest payers.

Total dividends from eight first months this year: $2109.19. This is 18,7% increase from last year's $1777.37. Very pleased with this progress. In July recap I set the goal for this year's dividends: $2600. That means in four months I should collect about $490. With my current portfolio this will not happen, so I need to make some serious purchases that will still pay during rest of the year.

Most of these stocks will pay again in November, so what kind of thoughts does that provoke? Well, I should buy more OHI, PG and RY.TO at least. Actually I already pinched one more share in DE, as I wrote in the last post. T and GIS are also on my radar when considering those November dividends.

Dividend Income page has been updated to include August dividends.

Disclosure: Long all stocks mentioned.

Image courtesy of bplanet at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

12 comments:

  1. Hi DL

    Great dividend income and nice pic., hope soon we all be like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Absolutely, we are on the right path to get there:) Thanks for visiting and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, DL. Congrats on the dividend income and keep up the great work!

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support R2R. It's a pleasure to do this "work".
      You keep up the great work there as well!

      Delete
  3. Awesome year over year increase with a few names in common between our portfolios. Always nice to see that. It's always fun to look back and see how far you have come in one year's time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that extra divy helped me to make a new YOY record. On the other hand next year this month will be tough to beat! But it's kind of a good problem to have.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. DL,

    You have some very good stock picks and growing dividend income. August was good for both of us. I'm looking forward to seeing how your year ends. Congrats!

    -DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DD, thank you very much.
      August was great, definitely. I don't expect this kind of year-over-year increase for the next months.
      It surely is interesting to see how the year ends for many dividend bloggers!

      Delete
  5. DLord,

    You are now seeing the extreme progression toward that snow ball impact - congratulations, it's awesome! I'm pumped to see your mountain grow - with or without a large special dividend. You will surpass your $2,600 goal, I have a good feeling, Keep it up! Great watch list you have there too.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanny,
      Thanks! Snowball impact is a beautiful thing. I'm already able to make one purchase per month using dividend income alone. And in the spring when annual dividends arrive much more.
      $2,600 will be tough this year, but I'm working hard to reach it.
      You have been doing excellent work too crushing $6,000 in projected dividend income, Congrats!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Hey DL,

    That's a nice list of quality companies you've got there!
    I'm glad we share some of those. :)

    Keep up the good work and you should be able to reach your goal.

    Good luck.
    DfS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DfS!
      You did very well in August too. Companies like KMI, T, PG, OHI were treating both of us well, and I think they will continue to do so.
      Let's keep on working to reach our goals!
      Thanks for your visit

      Delete