Oct 3, 2015

Dividend Income - September 2015

All right folks. September has been wrapped up when it comes to dividends. Last year in September I collected $111,08. So that's the number to beat and hopefully by a good margin. I received dividend payments from 16 great companies, which are listed here.



Avista Corp (AVA) - 9.24
Chevron Corp (CVX) - 11.77
ConocoPhillips (COP) - 11.84
Emerson Electric Co (EMR) - 7.99 
Enbridge Inc (ENB.TO) - 5.12
Eversource Energy (ES) - 6.26
Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) - 2.15
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - 12.00
Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT) - 12.00
Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN) - 5.25
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NSC) - 5.91
Old Republic International Corp (ORI) - 7.40
Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW) - 10.71
Realty Income Corp (O) - 6.08
Target Corp (TGT) - 5.60
Unilever N.V. (UN) - 5.25
TOTAL $124.57

This means 12,1% increase from September 2014. All right, not a phenomenal year over year increase like in August, but still a nice one. The pattern seems quite clear when I look at my dividend income this year. First and second month of a quarter bring smaller cash in dollars, but bigger increase in percentage. And third month of a quarter, like this September for instance, vice versa. This will most likely continue in Q4. Pure math explains part of this, but also some portfolio changes I have made since last year.

Biggest cash checks this month came from JNJ, LMT, CVX and COP. Like you see Oil&Gas still pretty important payer, even though I have tried to avoid buying more there. I would love to average down in CVX and COP, but on the other hand I would not like to increase their importance in my cash flow.

Total dividends from months 1-9 this year: $2233,76. This is 18,3% increase from last year $1888,45. It's definitely very nice feeling to be almost $350 ahead of last year's pace. My goal in 2015 is to make $2600. So only one quarter left this year, it will be a close call, to say the least. December will finally make it or break it. I can feel that the very last month this year will be big, but is it going to be big enough!?

Speaking about December, most of these stocks will pay again then. At the moment I feel like I should buy more JNJ, GILD, UN, ENB.TO before next ex-divy date. And actually I just added a couple shares of UN which I will put to my next purchase report. Hopefully I will have some capital for EMR, NSC and ES too.

Dividend Income page has been updated to include September dividends.

All right, I guess that's all for now. Now let's just collect nice dividends in October and make some great purchases! 

Image courtesy of bplanet at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

8 comments:

  1. Great job DL! I like the 12% increase over the same month last year. Shows great progress!

    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam. Yes, I'll definitely take that 12% YOY increase, and looking forward bigger percentage next month. Looks like September treated well you too. Let's keep rollin'
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. DL, good job! It looks like September is a good month for a lot of DGIers.
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey D4S, thanks. It certainly looks like a good month for many DG bloggers. Great to see all those dividend reports rolling in, and the combined cash is simply huge!
      Thanks for your visit and comment.

      Delete
  3. Seeing that year over year growth is always fun. Keep adding to that dividend snowball. I see EMR is paying you. Not a bad beaten down industrial at current levels. Thanks for sharing and look forward to a strong Q4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Keith. Seeing that y-o-y growth is a lot of fun. Market values go up and down, but our passive income stream just keeps climbing higher.
      Hopefully I have more shares of EMR when December dividends roll in. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great dividend income and solid YOY growth. Looks like Sept has treated you well. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tawcan, thanks! Indeed, not a bad month. YOY growth was okay, but will be better in October!
      Thanks for your visit and comment!

      Delete