Oct 21, 2015

Recent Sale - BMR

October 8 the news told that one of the companies in my portfolio is going to be bought out. To be precise BioMed Realty Trust (BMR) will be acquired by Blackstone Real Estate Partners VIII (BX).  In a pure cash deal BX will pay $23.75 per BMR share, and the price jumped close to that when this info came out. The deal is still waiting for approval from BMR stockholders, but I expect it to be approved and sold my shares in the company.

Sale in USD - BioMed Realty Trust (BMR)
Trade Price: 23.42
Shares: 35
Commission: 0.33
Total: 819.37
Sector: REIT - Biotech Facilities
Yield: 4,5%

To my understanding October dividend was the last dividend paid by BioMed. But, if the transaction between BMR and BX is completed after January 1, 2016 stockholders will receive a per diem amount of approximately $0.003 per share for each day from January 1, 2016 until (but not including) the closing date. Okay, nice but a little bit complex. At least more complex than receiving dividends. I didn't have a desire to figure out what our taxman thinks about this kind of daily allowance. So, at this point I thought that I will jump out of this wagon. I was able to sell my shares at a nice 16,5% profit.

BioMed was a decent dividend payer for me during slower months of Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct. Now I don't want a gap created there, so I need to pay attention to stocks which pay in those months. My plan is to buy more W. P. Carey (WPC), Agrium (AGU.TO), Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO) and Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN.TO) at least. On the other hand there is still a lot of time until these stocks go ex-dividend, so I don't need to hurry. Right now it's time to buy mostly stocks that pay in December. 

My portfolio page has been updated to reflect this transaction. 

Are you considering selling some of your holdings?

Disclosure: Long WPC, AGU.TO, BNS.TO, AQN.TO

No comments:

Post a Comment