Nov 20, 2015

4 Recent Buys - AGU, BNS, ES, WPC

I have most likely made all November transactions now. In the beginning of this month I bought more Agrium Inc (AGU.TO), Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO) and W. P. Carey Inc (WPC). Then this week I added to my position in Eversource Energy (ES).

Buy in CAD - Agrium Inc (AGU.TO)
Trade Price: 126.25
Shares: 1
Commission: 1.00
Total: 127.25
Sector: Basic Materials - Agricultural Chemicals
Yield: 3,6%
Payout Ratio: 64%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 4
DGR 3-yr: 121,2%
P/E: 16,7

Buy in CAD -  Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
Trade Price:61.45
Shares:2
Commission: 1.01
Total: 123.91
Sector: Financial - Banking
Yield: 4,6%
Payout Ratio: 53%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 4
DGR 3-yr: 7,7%
P/E: 11,3

Buy in USD - W.P. Carey Inc (WPC)
Trade Price: 64.40
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 64.75
Sector: REIT - Diversified
Yield: 6,3%
Payout Ratio: 80%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 18
DGR 3-yr: 19,2%
P/FFO : 12,8

Buy in USD - Eversource Energy (ES)
Trade Price: 50.45
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 101.25
Sector: Utilities - Electric/Gas
Yield: 3,3%
Payout Ratio: 57%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 17
DGR 3-yr: 12,6%
P/E: 17,5


There! Recently I became a little concerned about how my January dividends are shaping up. Here AGU, BNS and WPC purchases will help in that matter. I'm looking to add even more these stocks before ex-dividend date. I still have rather light position in all three, so I will be buying more with pleasure. In turn with ES purchase I gave a little push towards this year's dividends, as the company should pay in December.

The broader market has been in strong bull mode this week. Next purchases can be painful to make if this continues. On the other hand prices in BNS, AGU, WPC, still don't look that bad compared to what I have paid here. Okay, that's all for now. But soon it will be time to summarize November dividends which should be fun!
 
My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long AGU.TO, BNS.TO, WPC, ES
 

7 comments:

  1. Another great set of purchases. Dont have to convince me about AGU and BNS - I own those stocks in my portfolio. WPC - Ive looked at it in the past and it appears to be a very strong company. Ive been looking at utilities as well and ES looks good.

    Best
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R2R. It's great to be a fellow shareholder in AGU and BNS.
      Have not owned WPC for long, but have surely enjoyed the dividends.
      ES doesn't look cheap, but it's doing its job for me.
      Thanks again for your visit and comment!

      Delete
  2. I also was making a purchase for January and considered AGU but ultimately went with NJR. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captain, yes, I liked that NJR purchase. Looks like you found a perfect replacement for PNY there.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Pro Binary Robot 2.0 Review/

    If you are looking to start writing article for money, here are some important tips on article writing to get you underway. Being able to understand what your audience wants and to be able to connect with them

    is key in becoming successful. Writing articles for money need not be hard, in fact it can easily be achieved with a little know how.

    http://binarymetabot.com/professional-binary-robot-2-0-review/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solid buys Dividend Lord. Would love to add more AGU and BNS to our portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tawcan, thanks! I hear you there. I still have too small position in AGU and BNS, and looking to buy more too. That said, Agrium's fly today is a little bit painful to see!
      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete