Dec 6, 2015

4 Recent Buys - BNS, RCI.B, DE, GILD

Well, I have been buying some Christmas gifts for myself, so to speak! And what are most desirable presents for me today? That's right, stocks. Stocks that pay dividends.


Buy in CAD -  Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
Trade Price: 60.52
Shares: 3
Commission: 1.01
Total: 182.57
Sector: Financial - Banking
Yield: 4,7%
Payout Ratio: 53%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 4
DGR 3-yr: 7,7%
P/E: 11,4

Buy in CAD - Rogers Communications Inc (RCI.B.TO)
Trade Price: 51.25
Shares: 2
Commission: 1.01
Total: 103.51
Sector: Technology - Telecom Services
Yield: 3,7%
Payout Ratio: 72%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 10
DGR 3-yr: 8,8%
P/E: 19,2

Buy in USD - Deere & Company (DE)
Trade Price: 79.20
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 79.55
Sector: Industrial - Farm & Construction Machinery
Yield: 3,0%
Payout Ratio: 42%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 12
DGR 3-yr: 13,5%
P/E: 13,8

Buy in USD - Gilead Sciences (GILD)
Trade Price: 106.85
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 107.20
Sector: Healthcare - Biotechnology
Yield: 1,6%
Payout Ratio: 14%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 0
DGR 3-yr: 0
P/E: 9,5

I continue building my January dividend income here with Scotiabank and Rogers purchases. BNS just released Q4 earnings that seemed to be good enough. No big changes in share price. Market took positively Rogers' Q3 results in October, and share price broke above C$50. This made me a bit hesitant to add more shares, but was able to pinch a couple more after all.

Bought one more share of Deere just before dividend announcement. I was kind of hoping for increase, but no such luck. Dividend was in line with previous. That's a $0.60 addition to my February income however. I continue building my position in Gilead share by share. Probably the last purchase that will add to my 2015 dividends!

My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades. 

Disclosure: Long BNS.TO, RCI.B.TO, DE, GILD

4 comments:

  1. Solid buys. I'd love to buy more BNS myself. DE looks pretty interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tawcan. I can say that I like to be shareholder in BNS and DE. Deere's sector is kind of unique within my portfolio. Have enough BNS for January dividend, but looking to buy more again in Feb/Mar.
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Nice buys. I really like GILD and BNS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey IH. Surely like them too. Will be very interesting to see what is GILD's dividend policy in 2016.
      Thanks for visiting and commenting!

      Delete