Jan 10, 2016

4 Recent Buys - ABT, ADM, GILD, OHI

Now I can only wish that I had waited with my buys a little bit, but on the other hand I have never even tried to time the market. Stocks go up and down, and this time they definitely went down after my purchases. This was the worst opening week ever, S&P 500 finishing with 6% decline. Anyways, the most important thing is that I increased my dividend income again by investing in some quality companies. I added to my position in Abbott Laboratories (ABT), Archer-Daniels Midland Co (ADM), Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) and
Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI).

Buy in USD - Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
Trade Price: 43.42
Shares: 7
Commission: 0.71*
Total: 304.65
Sector: Healthcare - Medical Appliances & Equipment
Yield: 2,4%
Payout Ratio: 31%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 2
DGR 3-yr: -20,1%
P/E trailing 12-month: 14,5
S&P Credit Rating: A+
*consists of two trades

Buy in USD - Archer-Daniels Midland Co (ADM)
Trade Price: 36.10
Shares: 3
Commission: 0.35
Total: 108.65
Sector: Consumer Goods - Farm Products
Yield: 3,1%
Payout Ratio: 39%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 40
DGR 3-yr: 17,0%
P/E trailing 12-month: 12,5
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in USD - Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD)
Trade Price: 97.20
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 97.55
Sector: Healthcare - Biotechnology
Yield: 1,7%
Payout Ratio: 15%
Dividend Increase Streak Years:0
DGR 3-yr: 0%
P/E trailing 12-month: 8,8
S&P Credit Rating: A-

Buy in USD - Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI)
Trade Price: 35.45
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 71.25
Sector: REIT - Healthcare Facilities
Yield: 6,3%
Payout Ratio: 73% of FFO
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
DGR 3 YR: 8,9%
P/FFO: 11,6
S&P Credit Rating: BBB-

I initiated position in ABT and ADM just in December, and now it was time to buy more. Abbott goes ex-dividend next week, so I have now 25 shares collecting that divy. Archer-Daniels should go ex-dividend only in February, so I still have time to load more shares before that.    

Gilead is my top investment pick for 2016! Make sure to check out Roadmap2Retire's article where he collected top investment ideas for this year from several bloggers. From cash to traditional dividend stalwarts and everything in between; there is something for everyone.

Also added a couple shares of Omega Healthcare. Dividend declaration should be coming soon, perhaps next week. Will be very interesting to see if there is a raise again. I think that I'm close to full position in OHI now. Portfolio weight is still ok, but thanks to the fat yield its weight in dividend amount is getting a bit heavy. So there will be room for this kind of tiny purchases at maximum.

My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long ABT, ADM, GILD, OHI

2 comments:

  1. Another great set of purchases, DL. Keep piling those shares on slowly and you will build a nice chunky position in time.

    I own ADM and OHI. Would love to add ABT and GILD to my portfolio as well. So many companies, so little cash.

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey R2R, yep slowly but surely I intend to pile up more and more shares.
      Yields are getting more attractive these days in many companies. That means even more names that I would like to add to my portfolio. Only problem is that I don't have unlimited amount of cash:)
      Thanks again for your visit and comment!

      Delete