Apr 9, 2016

8 Recent Buys - RY, ABT, ADM, GIS, MMM, ORI, PG, TGT & 1 Sale - AVA

Looks like I have quite a few transactions to report. Yes, I have been busy buying stuff, and a little bit selling too. Kind of sad to say that I sold my Avista Corporation (AVA) shares. There are some reasons, but let's get to them later in this post. On the other end I have made several additional purchases to my positions listed here: 

Buy in CAD - Royal Bank of Canada (RY.TO)
Trade Price : 74.84
Shares: 4
Commission: 1.01
Total: 300.37
Sector: Financials - Banking
Yield: 4,3%
Payout Ratio: 49%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 5
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 10,5%
P/E: 11,0
S&P Credit Rating: AA-

Buy in USD - Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
Trade Price : 41.93
Shares: 14
Commission: 0.70 (consists of two trades)
Total: 586.97
Sector: Healthcare - Medical Appliances & Equipment
Yield: 2,5%
Payout Ratio: 42%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 2
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 0%
P/E: 16,9
S&P Credit Rating: A+

Buy in USD - Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)
Trade Price: 35.00
Shares: 10
Commission: 0.34
Total: 350.34
Sector: Consumers - Farm Products
Yield: 3,4%
Payout Ratio: 40%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 41
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 17,0%
P/E: 11,7
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in USD - General Mills Inc (GIS)
Trade Price: 62.90
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 126.15
Sector: Consumers - Processed & Packaged Goods
Yield: 2,9%
Payout Ratio: 75%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 10,9%
P/E: 25,6
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - 3M Company (MMM)
Trade Price: 165.18
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 165.53
Sector: Industrials - Diversified Machinery
Yield: 2,7%
Payout Ratio: 59%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 58
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 20,2%
P/E: 22,0
S&P Credit Rating: AA-

Buy in USD - Old Republic International Corporation (ORI)
Trade Price: 18.05
Shares: 10
Commission: 0.34
Total: 180.84
Sector: Financials - Surety & Title Insurance
Yield: 4,2%
Payout Ratio: 51%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 35
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 1,4%
P/E: 12,6
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - Procter & Gamble Co (PG)
Trade Price: 82.08
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 82.43
Sector: Consumers - Personal Products
Yield: 3,3%
Payout Ratio: 88%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 59
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 6,0%
P/E: 27,1
S&P Credit Rating: AA-

Buy in USD - Target Corporation (TGT)
Trade Price: 81.65
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 163.65
Sector: Consumers - Discount, Variety Stores
Yield: 2,7%
Payout Ratio: 42%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 48
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 17,8%
P/E: 15,5
S&P Credit Rating: A

Sale in USD - Avista Corporation (AVA)
Trade Price: 41.30
Shares: -28
Commission: 0.35
Total: 1156.05
Sector: Utilities - Diversified Utilities

All right, I would like to add a new Canadian company to my portfolio. At the moment most potential names seem to be in utility sector. I have been looking at Fortis Inc (FTS.TO), Canadian Utilities (CU.TO) and Emera Incorporated (EMA.TO). I had already a decent weight in utility sector, so with the AVA sale here I made some 'room' there. Also AVA's valuation started to look quite stretched (well, not the only stock, but still). 

So, I have not yet started a new position but plan to do that in May. Funds from the AVA sale went to additional purchases listed here, and also some new capital was used. I continue to emphasize stocks in Healthcare and Consumers sectors. ABT actually became third largest position among my North American investments. But on the other hand Financial sector offers valuation and yield that are hard to bypass.

I have also made a move on Unilever. I changed my position from one broker to other, and at the same time I switched from New York based ADR shares to Amsterdam based 'original' shares. From USD to EUR. Now at the new broker I get free maintenance for my stocks, if I make at least one trade every quarter. And I plan to do that, by the way:) I also increased my ownership in Unilever from 25 shares to 30 shares.

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long RY.TO, ABT, ADM, GIS, MMM, ORI, PG, TGT, UNA.AS

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy buying stuff. Really great names here. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that AVA sale triggered a lot of activity, since I decided to distribute the funds to several existing positions.
      Thanks for your visit and comment.

      Delete