Apr 24, 2016

Portfolio Review - April 2016

Hello to everyone! I have made three buys since last post, but most importantly let's see how my portfolio looks like in April of 2016. First, the total value of my direct stock investments: $62,212 with an average yield of 3,95%. From last month value is up $1,211 or 2,0%. Again no currency conversions, so the total value consists of EUR, USD and CAD investments. I try to ignore currency fluctuations when I monitor my progress. But as we know EUR is stronger than USD and USD is stronger than CAD. So if you think about the total value as USD, that gives rather good image.

What about sector allocations then? I have modified sectors slightly to fit my own purposes. For example Target (TGT) is my only consumer discretionary stock. I didn't want to separate it from consumer staples, but placed all consumer stocks in one sector: 'Consumers'. Here are sector weights in my active portfolio (inactive Nordic investments excluded):
Industrials continues on top of the hill, but I have managed to increase Consumers and Healthcare sectors' weights. Actually Healthcare reached its target, but I'm considering to set that target higher. Utilities sector dropped significantly since I eliminated my AVA position. There is now room for new position.

TOP 5 (5 biggest positions, active portfolio, inactive Nordic positions excluded)
  1. (1.) Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
  2. (*) Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
  3. (2.) Realty Income Corporation (O)
  4. (3.) Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMT)
  5. (*) Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)
Wow, two newcomers here. I have made additional purchase in ABT and ADM, and at the same time share prices have been moving upwards. So, results you can see here. PG and PNW had to step aside from the TOP list, at least for now.

Currently companies in my portfolio are based in eight different countries. This chart naturally represents my entire portfolio including inactive Nordic investments:
No big differences here compared to March. USA is up and Finland down a tad. Over time USA and Canada are going up because my new purchases focus on these countries. Speaking of purchases, after last report I have added more shares to my positions in OHI, PG and TGT:

Buy in USD - Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI)
Trade Price: 35.40
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 71.15
Sector: REIT - Healthcare Facilities
Yield: 6,6%
Payout Ratio: 72%(FFO)
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 14
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 8,9%
P/FFO: 10,9
S&P Credit Rating: BBB-

Buy in USD - Procter & Gamble (PG)
Trade Price: 82.40
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 82.75
Sector: Consumers - Personal Products
Yield: 3,3%
Payout Ratio: 88%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 59
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 6,0%
P/E: 27,8
S&P Credit Rating: AA-

Buy in USD - Target (TGT)
Trade Price: 79.79
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 80.14
Sector: Consumers - Discount Stores
Yield: 2,8%
Payout Ratio: 42%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 48
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 17,8%
P/E: 14,9
S&P Credit Rating: A

Forward 12-month dividend income, the entire portfolio including inactive Nordic investments: $2,759.00. This means $41.30 increase from last month.

What do you think about my sector allocations and else?

Thanks for reading. My portfolio page has been updated to include purchases in this article.

Disclosure: Long all securities mentioned except AVA.

Image courtesy of posterize at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment