Jun 12, 2016

2 Recent Buys - CSCO, WPC & 1 Sale - CVX

I don't like selling stocks, but now I have one sale to report. Last week Chevron (CVX) hit the limit order I had set, and so it was time to say goodbye to this oil & gas giant. I have also made two additional purchases in Cisco Systems (CSCO) and W.P. Carey (WPC).

Buy in USD - Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO)
Trade Price: 28.85
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 58.05
Sector: Technology - Networking & Communication Devices
Yield: 3,6%
Payout Ratio: 51,7%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 6
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 31,6%
P/E: 14,4
S&P Credit Rating: AA-

Buy in USD - W.P. Carey Inc (WPC)
Trade Price: 65.15
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 65.50
Sector: REIT - Diversified
Yield: 6,0%
Payout Ratio (FFO): 74,4%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 19
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 17,7%
P/FFO: 12,5
S&P Credit Rating: BBB

Sale in USD - Chevron (CVX)
Trade Price: 104.00
Shares: -11
Commission: 0.36
Total: 1143,64
Sector: Energy - Oil & Gas Major

Tough call to sell a Dividend Champion. On the other hand Chevron may loose that status any day now. Safety of the company's dividend is questioned at least. Valuation seems lofty. Business is highly dependent on one commodity price; oil. All in all, I felt that there is too much risk for the reward, so I'm going to move on. I made some loss with this sale, but I should be able to deduct this loss in taxation.

Boosting July dividend income, I made small additional purchases in CSCO and WPC. Cash from CVX sale I'm going to distribute to my existing positions. I have 4 or 5 names on my mind. So, you can expect more purchase reports soon!

Thanks for reading. My portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

2 comments:

  1. You got a great price on CVX compared to late last year when it was really down in the dumps. I like CSCO as well, recently purchased some a couple months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I must be pleased with the price I got on CVX. On the other hand looks like I should have waited with my purchases. Oh well, timing is not really for me.

      Delete