Jun 4, 2016

4 Recent Buys - AGU, AMGN, AQN, MDT

Hello folks! Here is a collection of my recent purchases. I have added to my existing positions in Agrium Inc (AGU.TO), Amgen Inc (AMGN), Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN.TO) and Medtronic plc (MDT).

Buy in CAD - Agrium Inc (AGU.TO)
Trade Price: 117.60
Shares: 1
Commission: 1.00
Total: 118.60
Sector: Basic Materials - Agricultural Chemicals
Yield: 3,8%
Payout Ratio: 50,3%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 5
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 50,4%
P/E: 16,9
S&P Credit Rating: BBB

Buy in CAD - Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN.TO)
Trade Price: 11.59
Shares: 10
Commission: 1.03
Total: 116.93
Sector: Utilities - Diversified Utilities
Yield: 4,3%
Payout Ratio: 142%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 5
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 8,4%
P/E: 29,0
S&P Credit Rating: BBB

Buy in USD - Amgen Inc (AMGN)
Trade Price: 156.85
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 157.20
Sector: Healthcare - Biotechnology
Yield: 2,6%
Payout Ratio: 42,3%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 6
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 29,9%
P/E: 16,6
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in USD - Medtronic plc (MDT)
Trade Price: 79.90
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 80.25
Sector: Healthcare - Medical Appliances & Equipment
Yield: 1,9%
Payout Ratio: 89,4%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 38
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 10,7%
P/E: 47,0
S&P Credit Rating: A

Well, overall market, like S&P 500, is again near ATH levels. From buying point of view that's a bummer. Hard to find any bargains on the stock markets, and frankly speaking I didn't even try to find them. Just making small additional purchases to my existing positions. AGU, AQN and MDT will increase my July dividend income. Also I wanted to buy more AMGN as it's a fresh and very small position in my portfolio.

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long AGU.TO, AMGN, AQN.TO, MDT

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see the relatively high market averages are not discouraging you from buying. I think it's important to keep adding to your dividend payers and not try and time the market for the "best" possible time to invest. Nice additions to your growing portfolio. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, I would love to buy at lower levels, but I stick to my strategy. Adding more shares to the dividend machine every month. This strategy works for me.
      Thanks for your visit and comment.

      Delete