Jul 2, 2016

3 Recent Buys - ABT, OHI, T

Has anyone heard of "Brexit"-referendum? HAHA! I guess you have. Unfortunately I didn't have cash ready on my brokerage account when that unexpected result came. Markets all over the world took a nice little nosedive. I knew that my cash will be ready about a week after referendum. I thought that it will be quite enough to take advantage of the market collapse. And totally wrong I was.


Buy in USD - Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
Trade Price: 39.39
Shares: 5
Commission: 0.34
Total: 197.29
Sector: Healthcare - Medical Appliances & Equipment
Yield: 2,6%
Payout Ratio: 49%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 2
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 0
P/E: 24,3
S&P Credit Rating: A+

Buy in USD - Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI)
Trade Price: 34.25
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.36
Total: 68.86
Sector: REIT - Healthcare Facilities
Yield: 6,8%
Payout Ratio (of FFO): 70%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 14
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 8,9%
P/FFO: 10,4
S&P Credit Rating: BBB-

Buy in USD - AT&T (T)
Trade Price: 43.05
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 86.45
Sector: Technology - Telecom Services
Yield: 4,5%
Payout Ratio: 85%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 32
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 2,2%
P/E: 18,4
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Oh well, I missed the Brexit sale but eventually it was all about a few dollars. I guess it doesn't really matter since I plan holding these shares "forever". These purchases build up my August dividend income, and of course second month income of every quarter thereafter.  Adding to my ABT position once again. I have been buying this company aggressively throughout the year. Then couple of stocks I haven't been buying for a while; very high yielding Omega and high yielding AT&T. Boy that T has come up in price! Still a nice yield though. OK, and then to ponder the next buys:-)

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long ABT, OHI, T

4 comments:

  1. I was in the exact same position as you during the whole Brexit affair. Not enough money to make a trade and hoping the market wouldn't bounce back as fast as it did. As you say though, in the long term it won't matter much since were not planning on selling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captain, sorry to hear that you had the same situation. It surely annoyed a little bit, even though in the long run it doesn't really matter.

      Delete
  2. I was there during Brexit, but I failed to find any good bargains.
    The only thing I could have added was WFC. However, my Finance stake is big enough at this moment.

    Great buys. Slow and steady wins the race and adding a few shares every now and then surely helps.

    Great choices. As a matter of fact, I'm a shareholder of all of the above as well.

    Thanks for sharing. DfS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DfS, we surely have many common names between our portfolios!
      I have seen many bloggers buy WFC recently. I think it would be a good choice, but right now I don't want to open new position in Financials sector. So, I hear you not wanting to become overweight there.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete