Jul 30, 2016

4 Recent Buys - AMGN, CVS, GILD, UNA

Buying stocks when general market is at ATH level is not the most pleasant thing, but what can you do. Britain leaving the EU wasn't enough to stop equities marching higher and higher, even though analysts thought that it would bring a lot of uncertainty and volatility. You could also interpret that as lower stock prices. Well, none of that has really materialized so far. I have added more shares to my existing positions in Amgen Inc (AMGN), CVS Health Corporation (CVS), Gilead Sciences (GILD) and Unilever NV (UNA.AS).

Buy in USD - Amgen Inc (AMGN)
Trade Price: 171.00
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 171.35
Sector: Healthcare - Biotechnology
Yield: 2,3%
Payout Ratio: 42%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 6
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 29,9%
P/E: 17,6
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in USD - CVS Health Corporation (CVS)
Trade Price: 97.44
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 97.79
Sector: Healthcare - Retail/Pharmacy
Yield: 1,7%
Payout Ratio: 37%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 29,1%
P/E: 21,1
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - Gilead Sciences (GILD)
Trade Price: 79.95
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 80.30
Sector: Healthcare - Biotechnology
Yield: 2,4%
Payout Ratio: 17%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 1
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 0%
P/E: 7,0
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in EUR - Unilever NV (UNA.AS)
Trade Price: 41.50
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.83
Total: 83.83
Sector: Consumers - Personal Products
Yield: 3,1%
Payout Ratio: 72%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 9
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 7,8%
P/E: 22,4
S&P Credit Rating: A+

AMGN and GILD, my biotech investments. I felt like I can't buy one without the other, so here is the result. Due to recent price development AMGN has become the bigger position, and I can't say that I would be unhappy about that. It seems to be more stable performer.

CVS is a recent newcomer in my portfolio. Still a very small position and I intend to nibble one more share here and there. Looks like I have a chance to average down my cost basis with next purchase, which isn't a bad thing. This set of purchases seems to be very Healthcare orientated! Well, at least there is Unilever bringing in some Consumers sector. And then to summarize July dividend income!  

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long AMGN, CVS, GILD, UNA.AS

8 comments:

  1. Great purchases in the healthcare space. I am looking at adding more GILD myself. Ive been eyeing CVS for a while. Maybe its time to add some. I agree the market is tough now.
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D4S! It has been a rough year for Gilead, and last earnings report was not taken kindly by Mr. Market. On the other hand these are usually best times to buy large dividend paying companies. I will watch with great interest if you end up buying GILD or CVS.

      Delete
  2. Love your AMGN purchase. That one will definitely do well for you in the long run. On my watchlist currently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I'm very long AMGN. I would welcome a stock split though. Since I buy stocks in small batches it would be easier to buy more frequently! Thanks for the visit PID!

      Delete
  3. Nice list of new stock buys. GILD is very attractive right now. I would buy more, but I already have more than 100 shares. I've been selling covered calls to take advantage of this stocks ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey IH, thanks. Yeah, if there is one stock that is not overvalued in today's market, it gotta be GILD. Plus reasonable yield with very low payout ratio. Still, of course, we don't want to become too heavy in one stock.

      Delete
  4. Great purchases DL.
    I've added some of those to my watchlist. Thanks!

    Keep us posted.
    Best wishes, DfS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DfS. Great to hear that. Yes, I think these companies are worth taking a look at least.

      Delete