Aug 14, 2016

5 Recent Buys - AMGN, CVS, JNJ, TGT, XEL & 1 Sale - TGH

All right, this August turned out to be one busy month when it comes to investments. I'm reporting second new position and second closed position this month! Wow, wasn't able to imagine this in late July when planning next moves. But here it is; the newcomer in my portfolio is Xcel Energy Inc (XEL) and goodbye I said to Textainer Group Holdings Ltd (TGH).

Buy in USD - Amgen Inc (AMGN)
Trade Price: 170.90
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 171.25
Sector: Healthcare - Biotechnology
Yield: 2,3%
Payout Ratio: 42%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 6
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 29,9%
P/E: 17,7
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in USD - CVS Health Corp (CVS)
Trade Price: 97.18
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 194.71
Sector: Healthcare - Retail/Pharmacy
Yield: 1,7%
Payout Ratio: 37%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 29,1%
P/E: 22,4
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+
 
Buy in USD - Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Trade Price: 123.38
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 123.73
Sector: Healthcare - Drugs/Consumer Products
Yield: 2,6%
Payout Ratio: 60%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 54
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 7,1%
P/E: 23,2
S&P Credit Rating: AAA

Buy in USD - Target Corp (TGT)
Trade Price: 72.74
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 145.83
Sector: Consumers - Discount/Variety Stores
Yield: 3,3%
Payout Ratio: 45%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 49
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 17,8%
P/E: 13,4
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in USD - Xcel Energy Inc (XEL)
Trade Price: 42.60
Shares: 10
Commission: 0.34
Total: 426.34
Sector: Utilities - Electric/Gas
Yield: 3,2%
Payout Ratio: 64%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 5,9%
P/E: 20,2
S&P Credit Rating: A-

Sale in USD - Textainer Group Holdings Ltd (TGH)
Trade Price: 9.45
Shares: -22
Commission: 0.33
Total: 207.57

TGH was probably the riskiest position in my portfolio, and that risk realized Aug 9 when company announced 87,5% dividend cut. I responded by selling all my shares. I had one special reason to hold shares, namely as Bermuda-based company taxation was different than in my other holdings. But after this massive cut I had zero reasons left to stay in the company.

XEL is Minnesota based utility company serving more than 3.3 million electric customers and 1.8 million natural gas customers. So, nothing too exciting here. No quick profits coming from this one. Numbers are rather well in line with other utility, Canadian Utilities (CU.TO), which I just added to my portfolio. One nice little detail about XEL is that it pays dividend in the months of Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct that have been my lower months.

Finally I got to buy more JNJ! I liked it more sub $100 and yield above 3% but this is the price you have to pay today for this high quality dividend growth stock. I continue to like AMGN and buying more, but now I have enough shares to take the September divi (ex-date tomorrow Monday). CVS is still very small position and I continue building it. TGT performed a nice little dip last week and I decided to scoop in two more shares before ex-divi (also tomorrow Monday).

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long AMGN, CVS, JNJ, TGT, XEL, CU.TO

No comments:

Post a Comment