Sep 25, 2016

4 Recent Buys - BNS, CSCO, RSG, XEL

More buys! I have been tuning up my dividend machine throughout September. Here is a report of four tiny purchases. All these add to my existing positions: The Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO), Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO), Republic Services Inc (RSG) and Xcel Energy Inc (XEL).


Buy in CAD - The Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
Trade Price: 70.30
Shares: 1
Commission: 1.00
Total: 71.30
Sector: Financial - Banking
Yield: 4,2%
Payout Ratio: 53%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 5
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 7,5%
P/E: 12,4
S&P Credit Rating: A+

Buy in USD - Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO)
Trade Price: 31.39
Shares: 3
Commission: 0.34
Total: 94.51
Sector: Technology - Networking & Communication Devices
Yield: 3,3%
Payout Ratio: 49%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 6
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 31,6%
P/E: 14,8
S&P Credit Rating: AA-

Buy in USD - Republic Services Inc (RSG)
Trade Price: 50.90
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 102.15
Sector: Industrial - Waste Management
Yield: 2,5%
Payout Ratio: 61%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 14
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 8,4%
P/E: 24,6
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - Xcel Energy Inc (XEL)
Trade Price: 40.80
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 81.95
Sector: Utilities - Electric/Gas
Yield: 3,3%
Payout Ratio: 64%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 5,9%
P/E: 19,3
S&P Credit Rating: A-

All right, I think that I'm prepared for October now. Each of these companies should pay dividend to me during next month. Republic Services; waiting for that price correction that never came. I have wanted to increase my position for a long time, and now I just bit the bullet. Industrial sector tends to be cyclical, but RSG's sub sector Waste Management doesn't sound very cyclical to me. That's why I really like the business. On the downside many others seem to think likewise, which has led to lofty valuation.

Rest of these purchases have more reasonable valuations, specially BNS and CSCO. When crushing numbers down the table, BNS remains one of the most attractive buys within my portfolio. I'm not a big fan of Technology sector because of its unpredictable nature, but Cisco has been an excellent investment for me so far. Latest newcomer in my portfolio, Xcel Energy, two more shares and now with 22 shares I'm ready to receive my first dividend payment from the company in October.

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long BNS.TO, CSCO, RSG, XEL       

6 comments:

  1. Lord -

    DAMN! Killing it over there, love the Canadian banks and their increases consistently throughout the year sometimes. Nice job deploying capital, congrats!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, last month BNS announced second increase this year. Can't complain about that! I may have to nibble on Royal Bank as well before November's ex-dividend date.
      Thanks for stopping by, Lanny!

      Delete
  2. Some nice buys there. I'm still a fan of the Canadian banks though I have not bought any in several months as my positions are already large relative to others. Also have RSG on my watch list for a while. Another name I like. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, good to hear that you continue to like Canadian banks. I still have some room for additional shares in them, but batches are going to be small, like this one.
      RSG's price has gotten out of hand a bit, but I consider it wonderful business to invest in. One thing certain in our modern society is that we produce garbage every day, and that must be taken care of. Thanks for your visit and comment!

      Delete
  3. I love Cisco but dividend growth run is too short for me. I also like Republic (and they pick up my trash)!
    Congrats on the forward dividends.
    Cheers,
    DFG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DFG, yeah I hope Cisco is in the beginning of very long dividend growth history, but at the moment it's still short for sure.
      Wow, it's always reassuring to hear that people use services or products provided by my companies:) Too bad I can't use Republic since they don't operate in my country.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete