Oct 9, 2016

5 Recent Buys - EMA, CVS, GIS, T, UNA

All right folks, I have made some purchases again. The big news is that I have started a new position in Emera Incorporated (EMA.TO). Additions to my existing positions occurred in CVS Health Corporation (CVS), General Mills Inc (GIS), AT&T Inc (T) and Unilever NV (UNA.AS).


Buy in CAD - Emera Incorporated (EMA.TO)
Trade Price: 47.29
Shares: 17
Commission: 2.04 (consists of two trades)
Total: 805.97
Sector: Utilities - Diversified Utilities
Yield: 4,4%
Payout Ratio: 65%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 9
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 6,9%
P/E: 14,6
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - CVS Health Corporation (CVS)
Trade Price: 88.66
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 177.32
Sector: Healthcare - Retail/Pharmacy
Yield: 1,9%
Payout Ratio: 39%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 29,1%
P/E: 20,4
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - General Mills Inc (GIS)
Trade Price: 63.77
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 64.12
Sector: Consumers - Processed & Packaged Goods
Yield: 3,0%
Payout Ratio: 70%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 10,9%
P/E: 23,2
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - AT&T (T)
Trade Price: 40.59
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 81.18
Sector: Technology - Telecom Services
Yield: 4,7%
Payout Ratio: 83%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 32
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 2,2%
P/E: 17,6
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in EUR - Unilever N.V. (UNA.AS)
Trade Price: 40.61
Shares: 4
Commission: 1.62
Total: 164.06
Sector: Consumers - Personal Products
Yield: 3,2%
Payout Ratio: 70%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 9
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 7,8%
P/E: 22,3
S&P Credit Rating: A+

New utility position again! After Canadian Utilities and Xcel Energy came Emera. What the heck, someone might ask. I have surprised even myself here a little bit. I didn't really plan to buy tons of utilities, but these additions just made sense to me. After closing out position in HCP I wanted something relatively high yielding to the months of FEB, MAY, AUG and NOV. And now I have at least two companies every month paying in CAD. Emera's valuation looks reasonable too, and they have guidance of dividend growth of 8% through 2020. Their recent acquisition of Teco Energy expands the company's operations to Florida and New Mexico.

CVS, GIS and T seemed to be in correction mode a bit, and they have continued that mode after my buys. All these transactions add to my November dividends. Unilever purchase will add only to my December dividends, but ex-date is in October so I didn't want to wait with this one.

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long EMA.TO, CVS, GIS, T, UNA.AS, CU.TO, XEL

2 comments:

  1. Marching on it looks like i own some T and was debating buying more but opted with another company that I also owned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T is yielding very close to 5% again. I wouldn't be surprised to see more buys. On the other hand ex-dividend date just passed, which may reduce desire to buy in short-term.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete