Nov 10, 2016

4 Recent Buys - JNJ, O, ORI, XEL

So, Mr. Trump won the presidential election in the US, if you didn't know yet, hah! Frankly speaking I thought that Clinton will win. And then the second surprise for me was that Trump's victory very quickly turned into a stock market rally. It's a good thing that I didn't make big moves based on what I thought will happen. No, that's not my kind of strategy. I just keep buying more shares and grow my passive income stream. I have added to my existing positions in        Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Realty Income (O), Old Republic International (ORI) and Xcel Energy (XEL).

Buy in USD - Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
Trade Price: 116.60
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.35
Total: 233.55
Sector: Healthcare - Drugs/Consumer Products
Yield: 2,7%
Payout Ratio: 56%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 54
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 7,1%
P/E: 20,5
S&P Credit Rating: AAA

Buy in USD - Realty Income Corporation (O)
Trade Price: 56.15
Shares: 3
Commission: 0.35
Total: 168.80
Sector: REIT - Retail Stores
Yield: 4,3%
Payout Ratio(of FFO): 84%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 23
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 8,6%
P/FFO: 19,5
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - Old Republic International Corporation (ORI)
Trade Price: 16.85
Shares: 10
Commission: 0.34
Total: 168.84
Sector: Financials - Surety & Title Insurance
Yield: 4,5%
Payout Ratio: 49%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 35
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 1,4%
P/E: 11,3
S&P Credit Rating: BBB+

Buy in USD - Xcel Energy Inc (XEL)
Trade Price: 39.75
Shares: 5
Commission: 0.34
Total: 199.09
Sector: Utilities - Electric/Gas
Yield: 3,4%
Payout Ratio: 64%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 13
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 5,9%
P/E: 18,8
S&P Credit Rating: A-

Wow, REITs and Utilities are tanking as we speak. My O and XEL purchases from yesterday do not look so good any more, hah! Oh well, even better buying opportunities opening I guess. Anyways, good feeling to buy more of the "Monthly Dividend Company" after a long time. It has been flying a bit too high even for my taste.

It's also a very good feeling to buy more JNJ, a textbook example of a dividend growth stock. And ORI which offers very slow growth, but initial yield is juicy and 35 years of consecutive dividend raises shows commitment. JNJ, O and ORI buys still add to my 2016 dividends (in December), but XEL will have next payment only in January.

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades. 

Have you already recovered from the presidential elections? Going to buy or sell?

Disclosure: Long JNJ, O, ORI, XEL

6 comments:

  1. D - Lord,

    DAMN! Talk about making moves on great dividend companies, there, just KILLING IT! Great adds, love all that you bought, keep it up.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanny, great to hear that you like these companies. During these rather turbulent times I feel like going only for really solid dividend payers.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Some great moves made on your part. Continue the buying as you see fit. I still have ORI on my back burner. It's come up a little from its lows but still looks decent at current levels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, yeah I buy when I have cash available. That's pretty much the plan. After Unilever buy I'm looking at one more buy this month.
      It looks like ORI is one of those stocks which benefits from rate hike speculation, so it has been on the rise couple of days. Very interesting to see Fed's decision in December.
      Thanks for your visit and comment!

      Delete
  3. These are all great names!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WRI, I have to agree with you.
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete