Nov 6, 2016

Dividend Income - October 2016

Time to summarize again! I must say that I'm rather excited to write down the dividend income from October. Yes, I finally received the second half of Telia Company payment, which means that all Nordic dividends this year are now in.

Last year in October I managed to collect $92.30. At the time I had high yielding Biomed Realty Trust (BMR) bringing in $9.10 and low yielding Baxalta (BXLT) bringing $1.40. These are no longer in my portfolio, but luckily patching up these holes was not really a problem. In total 15 companies paid dividend to me this month. Here is the comparison table of October 2015 and 2016 dividends:

CompanySymbolOctober 2015October 2016
Agrium IncAGU.TO7,0312,62
Algonquin Power & UtilitiesAQN.TO5,9711,65
Bank of Nova ScotiaBNS.TO7,0014,80
Baxter International IncBAX2,312,60
Cisco Systems IncCSCO6,0911,71
Coca-Cola Company (The)KO7,929,45
General Electric CoGE9,209,20
Main Street Capital CorpMAIN5,405,55
Medtronic plcMDT03,44
Realty Income CorpO6,096,47
Republic Services IncRSG6,607,68
Rogers Communications IncRCI.B.TO7,689,60
Telia CompanyTELIA1.HE096,95
W.P. Carey IncWPC10,5114,78
Xcel Energy IncXEL07,48
BaxaltaBXLT1,400
Biomed Realty TrustBMR9,100
TOTAL
$92,30$223,98

All right, so the total this October was $223.98. This means 142,7% increase year over year. Now that's what I'm talking about! This is the biggest growth I have ever reported, but of course it was enabled only because Telia split its distribution in two this year. If I exclude Telia from the total, then my dividend income was $127.03 which means 37,6% increase YoY.

Great progress with AGU.TO, AQN.TO, BNS.TO and CSCO thanks to dividend raises and additional shares bought. And of course MDT and XEL as new investments compared to last year. WPC as a high yield REIT continues to be important income producer too.

Total dividends during months 1-10 this year: $2,515.86. This is 8,2% increase from last year. OK, now I'm more comfortably on the positive side. Here are my dividends in a graph:
My goal this year: $3,200 which is approximately 23% increase from last year's total. So, only two months left to collect dividends this year! This turned out to be one heck of a goal, but I still do what I can to improve my grand total this year.

All these companies except Telia and Coca-Cola should pay again in January. I'm looking to buy additional shares at least in AGU.TO, AQN.TO, MDT and XEL. I may also initiate a new position with JAN/APR/JUL/OCT payment schedule.

Please note that I don't make any currency conversions here. I report dividends as they appear in their own currency. This time AGU.TO, BNS.TO and RCI.B.TO were paid in CAD, TELIA1.HE in EUR and the rest in USD. Additionally all numbers are before taxes. This prevents currency fluctuations and tax hassles from affecting my progress.  

Thanks for reading. Dividend Income page has been updated to include October dividends.

Disclosure: Long all stocks that paid dividend in October 2016

Image courtesy of jscreationzs at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

8 comments:

  1. Great progress keep buying and collecting those dividends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do thanks for your support, D&H!

      Delete
  2. A very impressive jump from 2015 to 2016. Nice to see a couple names in common paying us for the month. Keep up the good work. Look forwrad to a strong 2016 finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good jump for sure. Keep up the good work over there too, and I think we will have a strong finish for 2016!
      Thanks again for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Great haul so far.
    $2500 is great!
    8.2 year over year is very nice growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Divi Cents! It's really great to report over $2500 passive income from first 10 months. I hoped for bigger growth than 8,2%, but specially my Nordic investments have delivered variable results.

      Delete
  4. Very cool DivLord. Do you think you'll make your goal? I'm cutting it close with my goal as well.

    Could you imagine if you could maintain that YoY increase!? Take care,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey PID, I hope you reach your goal. If you cross the finish line December 31 it will be enough. Like I did last year, HAH!
      Unfortunately I'm not going to make my goal this year, unless some of my companies very soon declares a HUGE special dividend HAHA!
      Yeah, if I could maintain that YoY increase from this month, it would be absolutely crazy.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete