Dec 5, 2016

Dividend Income - November 2016

It's time to publish the last dividend income report during 2016! Next report will see daylight in the first days of new year 2017. Last year in November I was able to collect $117.62. Back then I had high yielding Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI) and HCP Inc (HCP) bringing in over $30. In fact that was the very last dividend I received from KMI, since I terminated my position after their dividend cut. Either HCP no longer exists in my portfolio, so I had some serious patching to do. But luckily I can state that I managed to increase my income from last year. In total 12 companies paid dividend to me this month. Here is the comparison table of November 2015 and 2016 dividends:


CompanySymbolNovember 2015November 2016
Abbott LaboratoriesABT014,56
AT&TT14,1017,28
CVS Health CorporationCVS03,40
Deere & CoDE6,607,20
Emera IncEMA.TO08,88
General Mills IncGIS7,0411,04
Main Street Capital CorpMAIN5,405,55
Omega Healthcare InvestorsOHI15,6822,57
ONEOK IncOKE11,0711,07
Procter & Gamble CoPG9,2812,05
Realty Income CorpO6,096,47
Royal Bank of CanadaRY.TO8,6916,60
HCP IncHCP15,820
Kinder Morgan IncKMI17,850
TOTAL
$117,62$136,67

All right, so the total this November was $136.67. This means 16,2% increase year over year. Generally speaking I would like to see at least 20% growth every month. But considering the circumstances this was a good result. It typically slows your progress down when you terminate (for one reason or other) high yielding positions.

Great progress with OHI and RY.TO thanks to dividend raises and additional shares bought. And of course ABT, CVS and EMA.TO as new investments compared to last year. AT&T as a high yield telecom continues to be important income producer too.

Total dividends during months 1-11 this year: $2,652.53. This is 8,5% increase from last year. Here are my dividends in a graph:
My goal this year: $3,200 which is approximately 23% increase from last year's total. So, only one month left to collect dividends this year! This turned out to be one heck of a goal, and now I need basically a miracle to reach it, hah!

All these companies should pay again in February. Before next ex-dividend date I'm looking to buy additional shares at least in ABT, CVS, EMA.TO, GIS and PG. Purposely I didn't mention biggest payers OHI and T. Yields are of course very attractive, but I try to smooth out my income between positions.

Please note that I don't make any currency conversions here. I report dividends as they appear in their own currency. This time EMA.TO and RY.TO were paid in CAD and the rest in USD. Additionally all numbers are before taxes. This prevents currency fluctuations and tax hassles from affecting my progress. 

Thanks for reading. Dividend Income page has been updated to include November dividends.

Disclosure: Long all stocks that paid dividend in November 2016

Image courtesy of Maxim Weise at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

6 comments:

  1. Great job DivLord. I think you're making good progress with that YoY increase. I'm looking forward to reporting that number for myself (once my blog is a year old)...in January! My DEC month should be good as well, so exciting times ahead for both of us. Keep up the fire bro,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey PID. Exciting times for you will begin in January. Reporting your YoY progress will be interesting and fun I believe.
      December dividends have already started rolling in, and yeah, I think this is going to be a great month for us and many other dividend investors!
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Solid month with a great year over year increase too. Nice to see quite a few common names listed above. Look forward to seeing your 2016 totals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comparison month from last year was tough one, so it's good to see growth after all.
      Looking for a strong finish to 2016. I'm going to miss my yearly goal, but the total will still be a good chunk of pure cash I didn't need to work for.
      Thanks for stopping by Keith!

      Delete
  3. 16.2% YOY increase is really solid. We share a few similar stock. Here's to a great December to finish the year strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tawcan, you are right we have a few similar stocks, and it's nice to see that both Emera and Royal Bank (my Canadian stocks this month) can be found in your portfolio.
      Looks like we had similar YoY growth too, in percentage. Wish I had your kind of growth in dollars, hah!
      Thanks for visiting and commenting!

      Delete