Feb 5, 2017

5 Recent Buys - AMGN, CU, GILD, MMM, UNA

Once again, start of a new month meant that I was on the buying front. I added to my positions in Amgen Inc (AMGN), Canadian Utilities Ltd. (CU.TO), Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD) and 3M Company (MMM). And the Unilever N.V. (UNA.AS) purchase is actually from late January. All right, let's see the details.


Buy in USD - Amgen Inc (AMGN)
Trade Price: 157.50
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 157.85
Sector: Healthcare - Biotechnology
Yield: 2,9%
Payout Ratio: 46%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 7
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 28,6%
P/E: 15,7
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in CAD - Canadian Utilities Ltd. (CU.TO)
Trade Price: 36.95
Shares: 4
Commission: 1.01
Total: 148.81
Sector: Utilities - Electric/Gas
Yield: 3,9%
Payout Ratio: 96%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 45
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 10,3%
P/E: 24,5
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in USD - Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD)
Trade Price: 72.50
Shares: 1
Commission: 0.35
Total: 72.85
Sector: Healthcare - Biotechnology
Yield: 2,6%
Payout Ratio: 17%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 1
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 0%
P/E: 6,7
S&P Credit Rating: A

Buy in USD - 3M Company (MMM)
Trade Price: 175.45
Shares: 1
Commission:0.35
Total: 175.80
Sector: Industrial - Diversified Machinery
Yield: 2,5%
Payout Ratio: 54%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 58
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 20,5%
P/E: 21,5
S&P Credit Rating: AA-

Buy in EUR - Unilever N.V. (UNA.AS)
Trade Price: 37.80
Shares: 2
Commission: 0.76
Total: 76.36
Sector: Consumers - Personal Products
Yield: 3,4%
Payout Ratio: 68%
Dividend Increase Streak Years: 9
Annualized Dividend Growth 3-yr: 7,8%
P/E: 20,1
S&P Credit Rating: A+

My biotech plays Amgen and Gilead seem to be heading in different directions. AMGN went up some 10 dollars after strong Q4 earnings and successful clinical trial results for its cholesterol drug Repatha. At the same time GILD continues to slosh around 52-week low prices. GILD is actually my worst investment by capital appreciation at the moment. It's a good thing that I'm not after capital appreciation, but sooner or later I would like to see some kind of turnaround. Anyways, AMGN looks so strong now that I promoted it to cornerstone position.

3M looks a bit pricey, no doubt about it, but it's another cornerstone stock and I felt like my weight in the company is too low. Also I'm expecting them to declare dividend increase very soon. Speaking of increases, CU.TO declared 10% raise in January and now I bought a few more shares to collect the lifted dividend. Unilever share price stays at reasonable level (specially when looking at other consumer staples stocks) and I keep buying more. But I think now it's time for a small brake.

Thanks for reading. My Portfolio page has been updated to reflect these trades.

Disclosure: Long AMGN, CU.TO, GILD, MMM, UNA.AS

No comments:

Post a Comment